FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
GOOGLE MAP: CIVIC CENTER LAWN, 110 EAST MAIN STREET, LOS GATOS, CA 95030
Then, we finish season with a big flourish by coming together to dance away the summer the Saturday of Labor Day Weekend (Sept 3 2016), at the Los Gatos Park Dance at Oak Meadow Park!
GOOGLE MAP: Los Gatos Park Dance at Oak Meadow Park!
The Town’s policy on alcohol: Town of Los Gatos Ordinance Sec. 19.10.025. “Picnickers may bring to a park, and drink beer or wine with their picnic lunches, so long as they conduct themselves in an orderly manner.”
Please do not carry your adult beverages into the surrounding streets or sidewalks. There are numerous restaurants downtown that prepare special MIP picnic meals for take-out. Los Gatos Music in the Park itself does not sell any food or beverages.
- Please no unattended chairs, small tables, or other items reserving spaces on the Civic Center lawn PRIOR TO 3:00 PM on concert dates, (to allow for full public access and use of the park during the earlier hours of the day). Unattended items will be collected and placed in an area off the lawn, per Town of Los Gatos policy.
- No blankets are allowed on the lawn (before or during the concerts – because they trap heat and damage the lawn).
- Please no “circular seating” of groups. Rows of chairs (not circles) allow more people to enjoy LGMIP, and chairs in rows increase everyone’s safety by enabling fast access to aisles for exiting.
- The Town of Los Gatos prohibits:
- grills, and portable generators,
- items that disrupt the concert, tape or any other material,
- hanging or posting anything on (or climbing on!) trees, plants or light posts.
- Out of courtesy and respect for others, please don’t put your chairs or table in spots that may obstruct someone’s view.
- Low chairs and very small tables only please!\ Pedestrian walkways are marked on the lawn area. Please keep them clear.
Our goal is to for everyone to enjoy Los Gatos Music in the Park.
We welcome large groups (20+), and ask that they follow these guidelines to ensure a great experience for everyone
- Large groups at LGMIP are 20 or more people sitting together.
- Large groups are required to set up along the outer perimeter of the park (near Villa St. or near Pageant Way – and away from the main stage seating area).
- As with all attendees at LGMIP, setting up chairs ahead of time is ok (chairs set up before 3 PM must be attended – after 3 PM they can be left unattended for those wanting to get food, drinks, etc.) the difference being for large groups, after 3 PM, at least 25% of the people must be there to reserve the remaining chairs.
- LGMIP and the Town of Los Gatos reserve the right to ask groups to condense the space they are holding if space taken exceeds the number of attendees
- As with all attendees at Los Gatos Music in the Park, lawn chairs are encouraged. (No blankets or other ground coverings please – they kill the lawn).
- We ask large groups to be courteous of those around them – (to remain seated – or move further to the perimeter – if standing would block other peoples view, to treat those sitting near them courteously, etc.).